Bananas are both nutrient & energy dense and contain several antioxidants that help to prevent oxidative stress and prevent chronic disease. Keep in mind though, that they are high in carbohydrates (& sugar), & can spike blood sugar levels, which can be a problem for people who suffer from any form of insulin resistance, have diabetes or who are pre-diabetic.
- 100calories / 100g
- 75% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin B6 + C
- Biotin (B7)
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Dietary fibre
- Boost energy and assist with muscle recovery & cramp prevention post-workout.
- Aid circulatory health & reduce blood pressure.
- Ease symptoms associated with kidney stones, gout & ADHD.
- Improve digestive health & ease constipation.
- Protect against heart disease, cardiac arrest and stroke.
- Boost the mood and ease symptoms of anxiety, depression & fatigue.
- Aid collagen production and reduce the signs of aging.
- Assist to maintain proper brain functioning.