Banana Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how banana can support your health and wellness.
Banana nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Bananas are both nutrient & energy dense and contain several antioxidants that help to prevent oxidative stress and prevent chronic disease. Keep in mind though, that they are high in carbohydrates (& sugar), & can spike blood sugar levels, which can be a problem for people who suffer from any form of insulin resistance, have diabetes or who are pre-diabetic.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, bananas can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 100calories / 100g
- 75% water
- Vitamin B6 + C
- Biotin (B7)
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Boost energy and assist with muscle recovery & cramp prevention post-workout.
- Aid circulatory health & reduce blood pressure.
- Ease symptoms associated with kidney stones, gout & ADHD.
- Improve digestive health & ease constipation.
- Protect against heart disease, cardiac arrest and stroke.
- Boost the mood and ease symptoms of anxiety, depression & fatigue.
- Aid collagen production and reduce the signs of aging.
- Assist to maintain proper brain functioning.
Banana Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of banana, search:
To learn more about how bananas can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: