Related to the lily family and available in green, white and purple varieties, asparagus is extremely low in calories and is packed full of vitamins and minerals!
- 25 calories / 100g
- 93% water
Great source of:
- VitaminA, B6, C, E & K
- Thiamin (B1)
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Niacin (B3)
- Prevent inflammation and chronic health problems including hypertension and heart disease.
- Support the production and development of red blood cells, DNA and a healthy foetus.
- Boosts digestive health, prevents constipation and supports beneficial gut bacteria.
- Support healthy weight management through high levels of dietary fibre.
- Act as a natural diuretic and prevent urinary tract infections.
- Improves energy, metabolism, focus and strength.
- Reduce bloating & menstrual cramps.
- Increase bone density & prevent fractures.
- Lower the risk of developing some cancers.
Asparagus & Pea Slice
Find the recipe at:
380 calories per serve