Enjoyed in a variety of forms (fresh, dried, juiced or in jams and jellies), apricots are linked to a range of health benefits due to their unique combination of vitamins, minerals and other chemical compounds.
- 43 calories / 100g
- 86% water
Great source of:
- VitaminA, C, E& K
- Niacin (B3)
- Dietary fibre
- Improve the balance of electrolytes to improve energy and reduce muscle cramping.
- Protect against free-radical damage and prevent skin disorders including acne and eczema.
- Lower blood pressure and prevent related diseases including atherosclerosis, heart attacks and stroke.
- Assist in the healthy development and maintenance of bones and the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Support the production of haemoglobin and prevent anaemia.
- Prevent the mutation of DNA which may result in cancer, heart disease and the appearance of aging skin.
- Improve digestion and alleviate constipation due to water and dietary fibre content.
- Protect against age related sight degeneration.