Have you ever wondered about the nutritional and medicinal benefits of apples and how they can improve you health?
Apples are high in fibre and packed full of antioxidants and although they are predominantly composed of simple sugars, their glycaemic index (GI) is low.
- 55 calories / 100g
- 85% water
Great source of:
- Vitamin B6, C & K
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
- Improve satiety and assist in managing a healthy weight.
- Lower blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Reduce total cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Improve digestive health and prevent constipation.
- Help manage symptoms associated with asthma.
- Improve neurological functioning & prevent cell damage associated with dementia.
- Lower the risk of cancer due to high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.