Apple Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how apples can support your health and wellness.
Apple nutrition, benefits, recipes.... let your imagination run wild with the potential of fresh produce! Apples are high in fibre and packed full of antioxidants.... and although they are predominantly composed of simple sugars, their glycaemic index (GI) is low.
As part of a healthy and well balanced eating pattern, apples can support your health and wellness, by providing:
- 55 calories / 100g
- 85% water
- Vitamin B6, C & K
- Riboflavin (B2)
- Thiamin (B1)
- Dietary fibre
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve satiety and assist in managing a healthy weight.
- Lower blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Reduce total cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Improve digestive health and prevent constipation.
- Help manage symptoms associated with asthma.
- Improve neurological functioning & prevent cell damage associated with dementia.
- Lower the risk of cancer due to high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
When selecting apples in-store, look for fruit with good colour and a sweet smell. Keeping them in the fridge will help them stay fresh and crisp for longer, and it is best to eat them with the skin on, to ensure that you receive the highest possible nutritional benefit.
Apple Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis, search:
To learn more about how apples can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search:
To learn more about growing your own apples at home: