Almonds Nutrition Benefits Recipes
Food is Medicine: enjoy these simple recipes and discover how almonds can support your health and wellness.
Almonds nutrition, benefits, recipes..Almonds are amongst the healthiest of the nut varieties and whilst commonly eaten in their natural form, can also be consumed in the form of flour, butter and even milk. They are low in saturated and high in unsaturated fatty acids, and also contain good levels of dietary fibre (in the skin) as well as plant based protein.
- 645 calories / 100 grams
- 5% water
- Vitamin E
- Niacin (B3)
- Riboflavin (B2)
Health Benefits May Include:
- Improve artery health and prevent heart disease.
- Control cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Support neurological functioning, improve memory & prevent cognitive decline.
- Regulate glucose levels and prevent insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- Increase satiety, support metabolic processes and weight management.
- Support the absorption ‘fat soluble’ nutrients.
- Improve digestive health, including detoxification and a healthy microflora (bacteria) profile.
- Fight free radical damage associated with some cancers.
- Support strong bones and teeth and prevent dental cavities and osteoporosis.
Almonds Nutrition Health Benefits & Recipes:
For a further detailed nutritional analysis of almonds, search:
To learn more about how almonds can fit into a healthy and balanced eating pattern, search: